AssetLock is an online safe deposit box that allows users to upload files, passwords, and instructions to be released to predetermined individuals at their death. The service also allows for email messages and printed letters to be sent. AssetLock determines you have passed by waiting for a certain number of your recipients to log in and certify your passing. Once your death is confirmed your account will be unlocked (after a time delay preset by you).
Founded: November, 2006
|Digital Estate Planning|
|Posthumous Email Messaging|
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- The Digital Beyond: An Introduction August 17, 2009
- Digital Beyond content now cross-posted at Follr.com March 4, 2014
- How to Prepare for Your Digital Afterlife January 7, 2014
- PasswordBox Acquires Legacy Locker November 20, 2013
- What will the next billion Internet users look like? September 11, 2013
- Living online forever? What the UK thinks about it. July 29, 2013
- Norman Griesdorf: As a solicitor practicing in Ontario, Canada I adv...
- Mario Bruneau: And they will all use QR codes for all sorts of th...
- Social Farewell: Questions like this one are why www.socialfarewell...
- allstarlikes: I really don't think Facebook will care people, t...
- Alfons Boltjes: Dear reader, All what you suggest in your artic...