Dead Man’s Switch is a simple posthumous email service. Users can create an account or log in via OpenID. Once logged in they can create messages to be sent after their death. Dead Man’s Switch asks that users log in periodically to verify that they are still alive. If users do not log in after three email reminders, their messages are released.
Dead Man’s Switch
Founded: August, 2008
|Digital Estate Planning|
|Posthumous Email Messaging|
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- The Digital Beyond: An Introduction August 17, 2009
- What happens to your Instagram account when you die? April 17, 2014
- Solving the Digital Afterlife Problem April 16, 2014
- What happens to your Twitter account when you die? April 15, 2014
- RIP Digital Legacy Startups March 21, 2014
- More News from Facebook? March 19, 2014
- Evan Carroll: Hi Stavros, I haven't tried in a while. Good to h...
- Stavros: Hi, I'm Stavros, the creator of Dead Man's Switc...
- Evan Carroll: Thank you, Deena. I appreciate your kudos and supp...
- Evan Carroll: Hi Rachel, You're correct that Facebook has chang...
- Deena Coutant: Evan, Your talk on this subject at RootsTech 2014 ...