At the end of Facebook’s recent announcement about privacy settings of memorialized profiles and the availability of Look Back videos to friends of the deceased users, a final paragraph hints at more to come from Facebook. Changes like this are part of a larger, ongoing effort to help people when they face difficult challenges like […]
Over the last two years the Uniform Law Commission’s Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets committee has worked with companies, private organizations and industry leaders to craft a model act to incorporate digital assets into probate and trust codes. The stated goal of the committee is to “vest fiduciaries with at least the authority to manage and […]
Perhaps the tide is shifting to allow users more control of their profiles after death. Facebook recently announced plans to no longer change the privacy settings of a memorialized account. In an announcement, members of Facebook’s Community Operations team said the following. Up to now, when a person’s account was memorialized, we restricted its visibility […]
Wappingers Falls, NY (February 28th 2014) Follr, Inc. today announced a content licensing agreement with The Digital Beyond, a blog about digital existence and what happens to it after death. Under the agreement Follr users will be able to read and view Digital Beyond content, including blog posts and videos, from the Follr software platform and via the […]
- Personal Archiving: Preserving Our Digital Heritage April 19, 2014
- What happens to your Instagram account when you die? April 17, 2014
- Solving the Digital Afterlife Problem April 16, 2014
- What happens to your Twitter account when you die? April 15, 2014
- RIP Digital Legacy Startups March 21, 2014
- How to Prepare for Your Digital Afterlife January 7, 2014
- Infographic: A Guide to Digital Estate Planning June 26, 2013
- What will the next billion Internet users look like? September 11, 2013
- Living online forever? What the UK thinks about it. July 29, 2013
- Google’s Inactive Account Manager Reminder July 17, 2013
- Evan Carroll: Hi Stavros, I haven't tried in a while. Good to h...
- Stavros: Hi, I'm Stavros, the creator of Dead Man's Switc...
- Evan Carroll: Thank you, Deena. I appreciate your kudos and supp...
- Evan Carroll: Hi Rachel, You're correct that Facebook has chang...
- Deena Coutant: Evan, Your talk on this subject at RootsTech 2014 ...