LinkedIn offers the ability to close the account and remove the profile of a deceased user. In their Help Center, they offer this explanation: Unfortunately, there may be a time when you come across the profile of a colleague, classmate, or loved one who has passed away. If this happens, we can close that person’s account and remove their profile on your behalf.
A CBS News Poll, conducted by telephone from April 16-20, 2014 among 1,017 adults nationwide, concluded that 40 percent of Americans sampled had created a will. Not surprisingly, age plays a factor. Among those 18-49 years of age only 22 percent have a will, rising to 62 percent for those 50 and older. By comparison, A Harris Poll from March 2013 doesn’t indicate much change, finding that 39% of Americans had a will.
New research from Carnegie Mellon University and Microsoft Research reveals that in a world of ubiquitous access to massive personal photo collections, we may enjoy them more if we give up control and exercise patience.
Is the digital afterlife industry heating up? Perhaps so. Last week Everplans secured $2.075 million in a second round of seed funding, bringing their total seed funding to $3.45 million to date, including a first seed round of $1.375 million that closed in June 2013. Of course, we’ve seen signs of a developing industry for a few […]
This infographic from WhoIsHostingThis.com provides a great, quick overview of how various companies, including Google, Twitter and Facebook handle your accounts once you’re gone.
- Yahoo Ending: More Than A Digital Afterlife Service July 27, 2014
- How Much Are Your Digital Assets Worth? About $35,000. July 24, 2014
- Deceased Man Returns on Facebook July 21, 2014
- ULC Approves Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act July 18, 2014
- What Happens to Your Online Presence When You Die? [Infographic] June 27, 2014
- How to Prepare for Your Digital Afterlife January 7, 2014
- Longaccess, a New Digital Safe Deposit Box with a Twist April 21, 2014
- Everplans Secures $2.075m Second Seed Funding Round April 26, 2014
- What will the next billion Internet users look like? September 11, 2013
- Infographic: Preparing for Your Digital Afterlife April 23, 2014