Death used to be the final disconnect from the mortal world, but that’s not quite the case anymore. From the paranormal to the touching, tales abound about technology beyond the grave. Perhaps more telling is what these stories tell us about our changing culture. John Jacobs, 55, passed away in 2005 following a battle with […]
Tag Archives | 1000memories
New iPhone application enables individuals to quickly digitize and archive photographs. It’s time to find the shoebox of photos in your closet. A new iPhone application from a San Francisco-based start-up takes photo scanning mobile. 1000memories released Shoebox on October 27 with the promise of helping users tackle the often-massive task of scanning family photographs. […]
Memory-sharing platform 1000memories today announced the launch of the Shoebox scanning app for iPhone, the first mobile tool designed for digitizing, organizing and sharing collections of photos from the past. The app gives individuals, families and organizations the ability to scan and instantly share large collections of photos and documents that have previously been difficult […]
Jonathan Good over at 1000Memories shared his TEDx San Francisco talk with me today. He did a great job presenting the vision of a future where people are remembered for more than their name, but for their story and experiences. This is actually one of the primary reasons that I’m concerned with the preservation of […]
Adam Ostrow, the editor-in-chief of Mashable, presented After your final status update last month at TED Global 2011. We’re pleased that the topic of digital legacy is getting attention on a respected, global stage. Adam mentions several services listed on our site, including 1000Memories and If I Die. Adam’s vision for the potential future of […]
I’m fresh back from San Francisco and the Internet Archive where I spent two days with many of the leaders in digital archives and preservation. Lots of great presentations and hallway conversations. I also presented my own take on design principles that should be considered when building archives to be used as memorials to the […]
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- The Digital Beyond: An Introduction August 17, 2009
- Digital Beyond content now cross-posted at Follr.com March 4, 2014
- How to Prepare for Your Digital Afterlife January 7, 2014
- PasswordBox Acquires Legacy Locker November 20, 2013
- What will the next billion Internet users look like? September 11, 2013
- Living online forever? What the UK thinks about it. July 29, 2013
- Norman Griesdorf: As a solicitor practicing in Ontario, Canada I adv...
- Mario Bruneau: And they will all use QR codes for all sorts of th...
- Social Farewell: Questions like this one are why www.socialfarewell...
- allstarlikes: I really don't think Facebook will care people, t...
- Alfons Boltjes: Dear reader, All what you suggest in your artic...