The Digital Beyond located online at www.thedigitalbeyond.com (“Web site”) is authored by Evan Carroll and John Romano (“the authors”). The opinions expressed here are those of the authors and not those of their current or past employers.
Ownership of copyright
Unless otherwise noted, the copyright in this Web site and the material on this Web site (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this Web site) is owned by the authors.
The authors grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this Web site and the material on this Web site on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this Web site and the material on this Web site in your web browser cache memory;
- print pages from this Web site for your own personal and non-commercial use; and
- quote or repost content from this Web site, provided that you provide attribution to the author, link to the original content at this site and notify the author of your usage.
The authors do not grant you any other rights in relation to this Web site or the material on this Web site. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
This Web site is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The authors make no representations or warranties in relation to this Web site or the information and materials provided on this Web site.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, the authors do not warrant that:
- this Web site will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this Web site is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this Web site constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
The authors will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this Web site:
- to the extent that the Web site is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the authors have been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this Web site disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this Web site disclaimer will exclude or limit the authors’ liability in respect of any matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for the authors to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this Web site, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this Web site disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this Web site.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, The Digital Beyond has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against The Digital Beyond’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the Web site.
You agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this Web site disclaimer will protect The Digital Beyond’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as The Digital Beyond and the authors thereof.
If a provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect:
- the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this Agreement; or
- the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this Agreement.
This Web site disclaimer is based on a precedent created by template-contracts.co.uk and published by freenetlaw.com