PasswordBox, the first and only password management solution to offer legacy protection, today announced its acquisition of Legacy Locker, the first-to-market digital legacy solution. The acquisition comes after PasswordBox announced its series A financing of $6 million, led by OMERS Ventures and several Silicon Valley angel investors, including two Facebook executives. The acquisition of Legacy […]
Archive | Industry RSS feed for this section
What happens to your email, Facebook page and other digital property when you die? Naomi Cahn of the George Washington University School of Law, and our own Evan Carroll, co-author of “Your Digital Afterlife,” talk to Jeffrey Brown of PBS NewsHour about the legal and ethical quandaries of dealing with a loved one’s digital assets […]
Recollect, a new California-based startup of three former Flickr employees, launched into public beta on October 25th promising to archive everything you do online. The service, which first made waves on the Internet with its archive of Tweets from the wildly popular XOXO Festival, allows users to collect their social media activity into one downloadable archive.
The folks over at Life Insurance Finder put together this great infographic, Step By Step Expert Guide To Protect Yourself Online Before You Die. With advice from me and Nate Lustig, formerly of Entrustet, now SecureSafe, the infographic defines digital assets, presents the various digital estate planning services, and discusses how to leave a digital legacy. […]
The following is from the official announcement: ZURICH, Switzerland, April 17, 2012 – DSwiss, founders of SecureSafe, the leading online data safe service, announces today the acquisition of US-based digital estate planning service Entrustet. The acquisition will strengthen DSwiss’ footprint within the US market and provide them with additional end users. The Entrustet service allows people to […]
Memory-sharing platform 1000memories today announced the launch of the Shoebox scanning app for iPhone, the first mobile tool designed for digitizing, organizing and sharing collections of photos from the past. The app gives individuals, families and organizations the ability to scan and instantly share large collections of photos and documents that have previously been difficult […]
DSwiss AG, the specialist providers of high-security Internet services, announced today the launch of SecureSafe, a new service incorporating their existing DataInherit service. The launch of the new online service, new iPad app and enhanced iPhone app offers users around the world increased security, functionality and mobility. In addition to the new name and look […]
Dead Man’s Switch Beta Earlier this week Dead Man’s Switch released a beta version. In an email to users founder Stavros Korokithakis announced the beta and hinted at new features to come. The new version only contains about the same functionality as the old one, for now, but we would appreciate your help in testing […]
When I started researching the digital afterlife in 2008, I felt as if nobody was discussing the topic. We found a few posts here and there, but information on the topic was sparse. About a year ago I decided to take a look back and see what I could learn about the early days of […]
Today Entrustet announced a new service, the Entrustet Digital Property Search. Traditionally Entrustet has focused on pre-need digital estate planning services, but this announcement marks a shift in that focus as they add this new at-need offering. Essentially you can provide their automated system with the email addresses of the decedent, and their tool scours […]
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- The Digital Beyond: An Introduction August 17, 2009
- PasswordBox Acquires Legacy Locker November 20, 2013
- What will the next billion Internet users look like? September 11, 2013
- Living online forever? What the UK thinks about it. July 29, 2013
- Google’s Inactive Account Manager Reminder July 17, 2013
- Infographic: A Guide to Digital Estate Planning June 26, 2013
- Norman Griesdorf: As a solicitor practicing in Ontario, Canada I adv...
- Mario Bruneau: And they will all use QR codes for all sorts of th...
- Social Farewell: Questions like this one are why www.socialfarewell...
- allstarlikes: I really don't think Facebook will care people, t...
- Alfons Boltjes: Dear reader, All what you suggest in your artic...