Once again Evan and John will present at SXSW Interactive, but this year we have two panels for you. If you’re in Austin for SXSW, stop by and say hello. Digital Immortals: Preserving Life Beyond Death Adam Ostrow, Adele McAlear, Bill LeFurgy, Evan Carroll Sunday, March 11 5:00PM – 6:00PM Austin Convention Center Room 9ABC [...]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Adam Ostrow, the editor-in-chief of Mashable, presented After your final status update last month at TED Global 2011. We’re pleased that the topic of digital legacy is getting attention on a respected, global stage. Adam mentions several services listed on our site, including 1000Memories and If I Die. Adam’s vision for the potential future of [...]
In a recent email to members Friendster, the social networking site first launched in 2002, announced that the majority of content on user profiles will be deleted on May 31st. They’ve made an application available to help users download this content. From the email: “We are introducing a new and improved Friendster site in the coming [...]
This week is the ALA’s Preservation Week. It’s an annual week of awareness of preservation for personal and shared collections. It’s also the perfect time for you to think about your personal collection, especially your digital files and what you’re doing to make sure they’re properly preserved and available for your family. We highly recommend [...]
It’s that time of year again. The second Digital Death Day in North America is coming up May 6th in the San Francisco Bay Area. Are you excited? We definitely are. With all of the attention that the topic has received over the last few months, we’re anticipating a great event. John and I will [...]
Are you interested in the subject of digital legacy? Come down to the South By Southwest Interactive Festival. We’re hosting a panel followed by a meet up. It’s all happening March 14th
2010 was a big year for The Digital Beyond. Before I make any predictions for 2011, let’s review 2010. Here’s a timeline of our significant events, posts and other happenings for the year. 1/3/2010: Evan and John met to make plans for 2010. This is when we started looking for a publisher for our book [...]
John Romano and Evan Carroll will be leading a panel at the 2011 SXSW Interactive festival. “You’re dead. Your data isn’t. What happens now?” will explore digital death and legacy from several perspectives. Here’s the description of the event: The Web has changed your life, your death and what you leave behind. Your heirlooms like [...]
We’ve hinted about our book a few times, but never properly announced it here. In case you didn’t know, we’ve spent the last several months planning, writing and editing, Your Digital Afterlife: When Facebook, Flickr and Twitter Are Your Estate, What’s Your Legacy? To our knowledge it’s the first book about digital death and legacy. [...]
Over the weekend the folks at Entrustet unveiled a new homepage for their site. Co-founder Jesse Davis told The Digital Beyond that they wanted the new homepage to be “more lawyer/company/consumer facing instead of just solely consumer.” And in case you haven’t heard, they’re spending the next six months running Entrustet from Chile as a [...]
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- Life experiences December 17, 2010
- Google Announces Inactive Account Manager April 11, 2013
- PBS NewsHour: Law Lags in Defining Posthumous Protocol for Online Accounts March 13, 2013
- Virginia Passes Digital Assets Law February 19, 2013
- Two Minute Overview: How to Prepare Your Digital Afterlife February 16, 2013
- Recollect: Archive Your Online Life November 11, 2012
- Taylor: Hello it's me, I am also visiting this website re...
- fashion: I found your blog web site on google and check a c...
- more info: I wonder if this is real, or if it's just Faceboo...
- gym workout plan: When you do full body exercises, you stress multip...
- Phoebe: You made some decent points there. I checked on th...