Imagine leading a quality digital life for 50 more years. What will happen when you die? What will become of your online accounts? Your data? What do people pass on to their heirs? Can your survivors box up your digital life and archive it? Will the data be lost without people to tend it? Or [...]
Archive | December, 2008
Matt Ludwig has accepted our invitation to be the second facilitator at our session “Who Will Check My Email After I Die?” We are excited that Matt will be joining us at SXSW and look forward to his persepctive.
You probably remember my previous posts about Dead Man’s Switch and the e-mails I’ve received from the service. Here’s a follow-up to the last e-mail. Subject: Dead Man’s Switch is REALLY worried about you Hi, Are you okay? You haven’t answered our last two emails. If you don’t answer this, your emails will be sent [...]
There has always been money to be made selling the afterlife, and the digital afterlife will be no different. In the near future a host of businesses will spring to life to help us deal with virtual bliss. But what will they offer? The digital mausoleum. A place where people can go online to see [...]
Man has been struggling with death since the beginning of consciousness, and while we aren’t any closer to answering the big question, we are getting closer to a solution. There will come a time when super computers (or the average wrist watch) will be able to trace and store the patterns of thought. While some [...]
You probably remember my previous posts about Dead Man’s Switch and the e-mails I’ve received from the service. Here’s a follow-up to the last e-mail. It seems that I didn’t successfully confirm my continued existence, so here’s my next notification: Subject: Dead Man’s Switch is worried about you Message: Hey there, where have you been? [...]
- So what *does* happen to your digital assets after you die? December 21, 2010
- What happens to your Facebook account when you die? February 7, 2012
- What do you want to happen to your Facebook profile after you die? January 14, 2010
- Stages of the Digital Afterlife August 24, 2009
- Life experiences December 17, 2010
- Google Announces Inactive Account Manager April 11, 2013
- PBS NewsHour: Law Lags in Defining Posthumous Protocol for Online Accounts March 13, 2013
- Virginia Passes Digital Assets Law February 19, 2013
- Two Minute Overview: How to Prepare Your Digital Afterlife February 16, 2013
- Recollect: Archive Your Online Life November 11, 2012
- Taylor: Hello it's me, I am also visiting this website re...
- fashion: I found your blog web site on google and check a c...
- more info: I wonder if this is real, or if it's just Faceboo...
- gym workout plan: When you do full body exercises, you stress multip...
- Phoebe: You made some decent points there. I checked on th...